Children and Youth
To find copies of these items to read, I suggest your local library. If they don't own the item themselves, ask them to InterLibrary Loan it for you (you can also check to see if libraries near you own it by searching for the item in http://www.worldcat.org )
To purchase, I recommend using an independent used-book seller such as ABE books
- Boyer, L. Bryce. Childhood and Folklore : A Psychoanalytic Study of Apache Personality . New York : Library of Psychological Anthropology, 1979.
- Shannon, George. Folk Literature and Children : An Annotated Bibliography of Secondary Materials Greenwood Pub. Group, 1982.
- Sherman, Josepha and T.K.F. Weisskopf. Greasy Grimy Gopher Guts : The Subversive Folklore of Childhood (American Storytelling) August House Pub., 1995.
- Tatar, Maria M. Off With Their Heads! : Fairy Tales and the Culture of Childhood New Jersey: Princeton Univ. Pr., 1992.
- Yolen, Jane. Touch magic : Fantasy, Faerie, & Folklore in the literature of childhood . August House, 2000.
- Zipes, Jack David. Fairy Tales and the Art of Subversion: The Classical Genre for Children and the Process of Civilization. New York: Methuen, 1983.
Return to List